Communities Around the World is a project based learning adventure in geography. Each week we will use the internet to investigate a topic, find information and an image and make posts to our blog. Here are your first assignments:
Maria – China
Syra – Egypt
Emely – Guatemala
Edgardo – Vietnam
Agnes and Julia – Poland
Hanyao and Carlos – Jamaica
Prajnyique – Nepal
- Start by visiting one of these web pages
- Image Quest – this is part of Britannica
- In the SEARCH box type in the name of a city, landmark, land or waterform
- Put your mouse in the middle of a picture you like
- RIGHT click and choose Copy Image URL
- Go into your dashboard to edit your post
- Click on Add Media
- Click on Insert from URL
- Paste (Ctrl + V)
- Click on the bottom right blue box where it says INSERT INTO POST
- Check the box next to your country category
- Click PUBLISH
We are answering the question, “What does this place look like?”
- Cities Landmarks: interesting places to visit
- Homes and buildings
- Landforms: mountains
- Waterforms: lakes, rivers and beaches
- Location: continent, latitude and longitude. A picture of a map showing the lines would be a great choice.
- We also need posts describing the people who live there.
- What is their ethnic background?
- What religion do they practice?
- What language do they speak?
I added a HELP menu that can be found between HOME and CANADA.Click on this link ADD A PICTURE. I did my best to make the steps easy to follow. If you have any improvements I will be happy to add them.
- Make sure you check off the COUNTRY category before you publish
- You can ALWAYS go back to your post to edit and add text and pictures.
|Here are all the topics we will study for this project:
- Cities and Landmarks
- Landforms – Mountains
- Waterforms – Lakes, rivers and beaches
- Elevation – Sea Level
- Homes and Buildings
- Ethnic Background
- Natural Resources
- Wealth – monetary exchange
- Extreme Weather
- Seasonal Patterns
- Entertainment – Theaters and Concert Halls
- Holidays – Cultural Observances
- Schools and Universities